Review of BIS-21++ results. The project started on the 1st of May 2005.
- Training of PhD Students
- Networking with leading European leaders
- Cooperation with 32 partners (and their groups) from 16 countries
- Organised Training Seminars – Lecturers:
- Vladimir Getov - Professor and Director of Research Centre, Harrow School of Computer Science, University of Westminster, London, UK
- Olli Martikainen - Professor at the University of Oulu, Associate Research Fellow in the Research Institute of the Finnish Economy (ETLA) and Docent in Helsinki University of Technology and Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Adolfy Hoisie - Staff Scientist, the Leader of the Parallel Architectures and Performance Lab (PAL), and the Leader of the Modeling, Algorithms and Informatics Group at the Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA.
- Carl K. Chang - Professor and Chair of the Department of Computer Science at Iowa State University, USA
- Dr. Dimitar Kazakov - Department of Computer Science, University of York , UK
- Dr. Vassil Palankovsky - Head of the Advanced Materials and Device Analysis Group Institute for Microelectronics, TU Vienna
- Raffi Aslanyan - manager of a French private software research and consultancy company and lecturer at several French universities
- Dr. Maya Neytcheva - Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University , Sweden
- Walther von Hahn - Professor, Computer Science Department, University of Hamburg , Germany
- Petar Popov - Professor, Centre for Software Reliability, City University, London
- Longer visits to support training
- Rayner Alfred - PhD student at the Artificial Intelligence Group, Department of Computer Science, University of York, UK.
- Christian Weihrauch - PhD student at the Scientific Computing, ACET Centre, Reading, UK.
- Dr. Johannes Kraus - Johann Radon Institute for Computational and Applied Mathematics, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Linz, Austria
- Atanas Chanev - PhD student, Department of Cognitive Sciences, University of Trento, Italy (Reports - research, technical)
- Veno Pachovski - PhD student, Department of Mathematics and Informatics, University of Skopje (FYROM) (Reports - research, technical)
- Erik Bangtsson - PhD student, Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University, Sweden (Reports - research, technical)
- Tamas Kurics - PhD student, Department of Applied Analysis, ELTE University, Budapest, Hungary (Reports - research, technical)
- Ulrich Reffle - PhD student, CIS - Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Germany (Reports - research, technical)
- Cooperation with leading Bulgarian SMEs
- Computing and Network Infrastructure Upgrading. A cluster
of 40 computing elements, comprising 80 processors and a total
of 160 GB RAM, has been aquired and is currently being installed,
tested and configuredresentation Seminars
- e-Science using Grid technologies
- Activities specific for the Support Action (Dissemination)
- Organised conferences:
- Information Days :